Tuesday, September 21, 2010

To all my girls.... Remember O' remember

I read a book a couple weeks ago called "I am a MOTHER" by Jane Clayson Johnson.  It was a book my mother in law had bought and read, and then passed on to all her daughters and daughter in laws at our last reunion.  She told us that she wanted each of us to read it, and then write down some advice or whatever we feel would help our daughters raise their kids later on when they read this book.

So I read the book.  It was a good book, filled with inspirational words of wisdom, pick me ups, and real life day to day mother issues. I am really appreciating being a mother, and loving and enjoying my kids after I read this book. So many great reminders! Then comes the time I need to write my words of wisdom, and my advice.  It only took me a week to read.  I finished the book on August 28th because that's when Hunger Games final book came out, and I really wanted to start reading that right away.  Today is September 21st, and I still haven't written in it.  I don't know how to decide what I want my girls, and my grands, and my great grands, and so on to learn from me.  This is HUGE!  I only get a little section to write on, so I have really been pondering this for awhile.

So this is what has been on my mind for the last few weeks to write in the book, but I don't know how to word it right.  So here I go on my rough draft.......

Motherhood is hard.  Not just hard, but HARD, HARD, HARD, HARD, HARD and again HARD!  I am only 31, and have 4 kids, a new house, my own business, a dog with puppies, and 2 cats.  I serve as the 2nd counselor in YW's, am a visiting teacher, and a wife too.  Do I love everything in my life? YES!  Would I change it? YES, but only change the balance of it.  If I only knew how to balance everything in my life, that would bring true happiness.  One thing that I have had to realize, and it has only taken me 10 years to, is that there's no "What about me" anymore.  This is the part in my life that I get to NOT worry about me, but worry about everyone else!  And you know what, I don't think I ever see that "What about me" stage again! Weird huh!  Only 31 and am to that point already.  Some girls are getting married at this age, and aren't thinking of having kids for years still.  But that was not my plan and I like that.  I love my life!  I have the most wonderful, sexy, loving husband any girl would be lucky to have!  I knew he was the one when we were dating and  never got sick of him.  He was my first boyfriend because I loved to date a lot, but got sick of guys after the first date or two.  I was done, wanted to see who else was out there.  But not my guy.  I couldn't get enough of him!  You know what, even after 11 1/2 years of marriage, I still can't get enough of him!  Does he do things to irritate me? Of course! Does he always dress the way I like? NO!  He likes t-shirts and jeans, and if they say a name brand other than a band he likes or biking brand that he likes to represent,  he won't touch it with a ten foot pole.  Is he into stupid stuff like biking, jeeping, hunting, golf, fights, and video games? YES!   Do any of those things take precedence over me? NO!  I am always first.  I know and feel that every day .  He has shown me over and over how much he loves to be with me, even though he has lots of hobbies that take him away sometimes.  But if I ever say that I want him to stay instead of go, he would stay.  But because I love him so much, and want him to enjoy other things beside me, I send him on his way.  Do you see the "What about me" stage flitting out the window?  It's not always easy to not worry about yourself, and what your going to get in return, but just take baby steps and it will all balance out the way it's supposed to.

So in a nutshell, if you have the absolute best relationship in your mind  (not the worlds expectations of a good relationship, can't even compare the two) with your man love, then the rest is easier to balance together while experiencing being a mother.  Enjoy them little, I have an 8 and 10 year old now who I swear were just 2 and 4!  I will sound like every older mom out there when I say "They grow up so fast, and before you know it, they will be out of the house!" That's in 10 short years for me.  How depressing to think that.  I love my kids and my husband and  I couldn't ever imagine going through this life without them.  WE are what make our life "FABULOUS" as my 3 year old would say!

3 comments:

  1. Well said Kenz. You are a very selfless mother and ALWAYS put your husband and kiddos first. They are lucky to have you. You are a great example too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What????I didnt know you started a new blog!

    Yes, those hairbows are from the RS thing...I had a lot of people in my ward ask how to make them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I think I have the best examples of mamas in our family! Glad to see a new post!

    ReplyDelete